Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Back after a week... again

Decided not to race this past Sunday, and I hope the Sr. Games enjoyed my $40 donation.

In '15 at this time, I was still doing once a week on the track. (last yr. training for Perth) I think I tried to run too fast and combined with some resistance, I tweeked my hip.  Today, my hip and back felt better, not 100% ... but on the way.  I did some easy foundation.  So, I'm pretty much starting from scratch.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills  
2 x 800m - 2:54, 2:53
It was a good outing. Not real hard.  I wanted to make sure I got a second 800m in, so I ran the first one easy and ran the second one without full rest.  The second one, of course was much harder despite the slow pace.

So, the training season begins again... slowly.  I probably won't be racing til Jan.

I'll probably continue with foundation for a while before attempting to run fast again.



No comments:

Post a Comment