Thursday, July 6, 2017

maintenance workout

Sunset in between rainshowers, in the upper 70ºs and very humid under a painted sky at the Dean Hayes track.  No one there.

Was a bit iffy about going out today, feet sore from speed work in spikes yesterday, but went.   After a warmup lap I was feeling a bit weird and I almost left, but I hung in and got a decent workout.

Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
400m / 2 min rest / 200m - 59.5, 31 
300m / 1 min rest / 100m - 46.5, 14.5
It felt ok.  The 400 was even split and fairly easy.  Breaking 60 on a wet track in trainers without full effort means I'm doing ok.  The following 300 was more of a strider focusing on form.

I bought the new Clifton 4s thanks to a Bday present, thanks dad.  Should be in by Monday.  My Clifton 2s are retired but the Clifton 3s are still ok.

144 lbs after workout.  I may be back out tomorrow, we'll see.  Running out of time.  Nationals a week from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment