Sunday, July 26, 2015

USATF Masters Nationals - 200m Final

The good news is I set a PR in the 200m: 24.48 
But I got edged out for the Silver by Herb M. by 0.05 and had to settle for Bronze Medal.

Without Alan T. having posted a 200m race this year, the three of us (below) are the top three 200m sprinters in M55 presently in the World Rankings.   Leader Don M. ran a smokin' 24.08 today and Herb also had a PR of 24.43.  The excellent track and a +2 tailwind certainly helped.

M55 200m Final
Race video






I was a bit more aggressive on the turn today and made up the stagger quickly.   Again, I fought with Herb the whole way down the the stretch.   I had him much of the way by a half step but he got me in the last few meters.   Don seemed to gain the lead in one very fast move coming off the turn and maintained it the whole way.  He has some serious turnover.

It was a great meet for me. I definitely brought my "A game" and left the meet with no significant physical issues, so I can get a bit more good training in before the World Championships in Lyon.

Going up to my training camp this week in Sewanee and will be back out on the track soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment