Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Home... home again

... I like to be here, when I can.

Back to the quiet solitude of the Sewanee track.   Just a light workout and weights tonight.   Going to start tomorrow back to the serious training, adding 'a little more hay' to the barn.  

Felt good on the track, no issues.  I'm light, in the 143's, groin soreness is gone.   It was a beautiful sunset, a perfect 75º ...  and the track as usual was a ghost ship.

I didn't want to do anything fast, just shake the dust off and exercise the aerobic system a bit.

I ran an 800 the opposite way around the track, and a few 100m striders before I hit the weight room.







Saucony trainers on 
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
800m - 2:31 (73, 78) 
2 X 100m striders 
resistance

I have 5 track workouts before worlds beginning tomorrow.  Wed, Fri, Sun, Tue, Thurs ... which will give Fri and Sat as days off for travel and rest.   I expect I'll keep the same long to short regime as it seems to be working for me.

This week I want to do some conditioning, but also work on technique and pacing.  Being 'self-coached', I need to be more self critical about my deficiencies.

The event run pacing work paid off at Nationals.  Looking at the video, my splits were spot on...  26/14/15.  Off of goal by just 0.29 sec.  The trick is to run fast with less effort and better technique.

Back to the oval office tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment