Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Back to the oval office

Today was the hottest day in Sewanee since 2012.   At sunset it was down to 84º but the dewpoint remained at a stifling 77º yielding a heat index around 90º.   Nice quiet evening under the full moon.

It's a fine line between 'doing everything I can' and 'doing too much' at this point.   Today I did over-distance and quantity, although I did just 3 x 500m instead of 4 that I had originally planned.  But I did them at a good pace to promote good fatigue on the last 100m.  I hit the 400 in around 64.  Was going to run one more but my foot started getting sore and my groin was a bit tight after last nights resistance where I really hit the adductors.   So, I walked away feeling good and strong.
Saucony Trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 500m - 79, 80, 81
Friday, I think I'll do a 4 x 200m tempo session and then get the spikes out to do some short speed and blocks.   Sunday and Tues, maybe some event runs, pacing and form.




No comments:

Post a Comment