Wednesday, July 15, 2015

tempo 300s / 200 event runs

So much for heat tolerance training, it was cooler today at the KCD track.   A mere 80º and only moderate humidity.   A good day to suffer some tempo 300s.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m with 2 min rest - 47, 47.5, 48.5, 48.5 
Saucony spikes on 
2 x 200m event runs (400m race pace) - 26.3, 26
As usual with the last rep of a tempo series, it was brutal.  I recovered pretty quick and got the spikes on for some 200m event runs.  My goal was to run at 400m race pace, maintain good form, be as fast and relaxed as possible with the least amount of effort.  I noticed my first one was slightly slower and my second one was faster, better form, less effort.  I tend to 'toe-out' too much with my inside foot running the turn, could be the source of my groin strains.

May take a day off tomorrow and do one more volume workout on Fri before tapering down.

I finally decided to post my last weeks race on Masters Rankings, despite my disappointment in my race.   I see the Senior Games National 400m Champion in M55 ran more than a second slower than I ran last weekend, I guess I could've done worse.  I really do not think it was my 'A-Game'.


No comments:

Post a Comment