Sunday, May 17, 2015

confidence builder

Brief speed work at 90% on a warm humid night at KCD track, mid 70ºs.  Finally, progress ... feeling just about 'back'.   Fastest sprints since injury and everything felt fine.  Didn't push it to near 100% but kept it loose and smooth.
Saucony Triumph trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
400m - 60 
300m - 43 
200m - 27.5
I think with another few weeks, I might be able to come out of blocks and race a 400m.  It seems that workouts organized in this order: track - weights - rest, works best....with weights after the track workout on the same day or the next.

In addition to the foam and pvc rollers, the tennis ball has been really great in getting the hip flexor loosened up.   Unfortunately, the 2 weeks before my first 400m race on June 6 are some of the busiest of my year and it will be hard to get workouts in.  I think I'll be ready for a 200m in 5 weeks at the TN State Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment