Monday, May 4, 2015

4x4 tempo

Doing the dreaded 4x400 tempo workout this evening at Sewanee.  Beautiful weather, 70º at sunset.  Wasn't feelin' too strong today after last nights weights, heavy on the hip flexors, adds, and abs ... the groin was a bit tight.   Spent the day doing odd jobs on my feet and hadn't eaten much, so wasn't especially strong.
Saucony Triumph trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 400m with 2 min rest - 70, 69, 75, 75 
300m strider - 49 
200m strider - 32
This was my first workout with the new trainers.  Wow, they are supremely comfortable.  There is so much shock protection that I think it actually dampens the energy applied to the ground, so perhaps not the fastest shoes, but good traction and most of all, really good protection.  

I did not feel the injury at all until the last 200m when I felt it just slightly when accelerating.   I really felt like pushing it tonight and running fast but restrained myself.  I probably won't be on the track until Fri or Sat and hope to keep up the resistance work.   Been focusing on core and hip flexors with some new equipment - ankle weights (to use with my hanging ab straps), ankle cuff and more rubber tubing.

Hopefully, I'll be ready for my first outdoor 400m race by June 6.


No comments:

Post a Comment