Wednesday, May 14, 2014

wet workout

I saw the rain coming but I thought, "I'll just wait til it passes and then go to the track, since I didn't get there til 9:30pm last night, I'll go about the same time."    Well, I waited ... and waited.   It rained and rained.  Flood advisory in effect.  9:30 pm... still raining.

Hell bent on getting this last workout in, I hit the soggy track at just after 10pm.   It was actually ok, 65ยบ at the Dean Hayes track.

400m warmup, stretches, drills 
100m strider 
Saucony spikes on 
300m - 40 sec / 1 min rest / 100m -14.5 sec 
300m - 41 sec / 1 min rest / 100m -15 sec 
2 x 50m starts

It felt ok.   I wrapped the thighs for safety.  Not as good as yesterday.  Tiring.  I started getting that "how did I get myself into this?"  feeling near the end of the 300s.

Weight is good, 140.6 lbs after workout.

Heading up to Louisville tomorrow for the meet on Fri.  Whatever happens, it's been an adventure and a challenge.





No comments:

Post a Comment