Monday, May 5, 2014

4x4 in the sun

Bright sunshine and 70º this morning on the Dean Hayes track this Cinco de Mayo.   Wanted to do a brief tempo workout to limit my sun exposure so I did a tried and true old standard gut buster, 4 x 400m w/ 2min rest.
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
4 x 400m  w/ 2 min rest in between - 69, 67, 69, 72

I felt pretty strong except of course, the last one was a struggle.  Not as painful as some of the early season ones and it was faster than my previous similar workouts.   Rarely average under 70 for 4x4 w/2m rest, but today I did.   So, still in decent shape.

Except for my chronic ankle pain, I'm in pretty good shape.  No strains.  Didn't feel the need to wrap today.  With just 2 more (maybe one more) meet(s) left in the college track season, I think I'm well enough and have the time to do daily workouts now.   Wanted to go out last night but something came up.

The weather for Saturday night's meet looks bad.  High chance of rain.  Weekend after, Louisville ... if I can get in.   I wish I could race in Atlanta on June 1 but I have house guests and festival that weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment