Friday, May 2, 2014

Pre race light workout

Since it worked last time, I went to the track this cool evening for a light, 'one and done' workout.  It exercises the aerobic system and loosens me up, gives me a feeling of strength.  Still perfect weather... 62º at sunset at the Dean Hayes track.
300m warm up on grass, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
800m - 2:29 (75/74) 
Saucony trainers on 
300m cool down on grass 
stretches
Ran without wraps, felt fine.   If I wrap tomorrow it will be lightly.  Feel 100% Weight is good, 140.7 lbs after workout and - that IS an honest accurate body weight thanks to my new physicians beam balance scale.  (It is the first time I've weighed under 141 since receiving this new scale).  And... I've been eating compact high protein meals like 2 eggs w/ cheese and bread.  I stopped snacking on nuts.

Should be good to go for the 'time trial' tomorrow.  Only 4 ... just FOUR male runners participating in tomorrows supposedly USATF sanctioned FAT timed "Nashville Masters Classic."  Most everyone I looked up is a distance person.

I'm off for the month and looking to really race and train well for the next 2, possibly 3 meets.

No comments:

Post a Comment