Thursday, April 10, 2014

sore 800s

As expected, quite sore after yesterday's 20x stadium stairs.   Calves and quads.   Went to MTSU this morning to do some 800s but the track was closed for the Special Olympics.   So, I took a chance and headed to Oakland, HS.   It was quiet, no hassle.  Cool and sunny, mid 50sº.

Felt really slow and sluggish.   Probably shouldn't have run in spikes since my ankle hurt a bit.   But I wanted to stay on my toes and thought it would encourage me to.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
saucony spikes on 
2 x 800m w/ 4 min rest - 2:45, 2:55
Wanted to do another but had to go to the bathroom and there were none.

Need a day off and to start some resistance to strengthen the ham.  Everything feels fine save for the lactic soreness.  Probably over training a bit, and just getting old.  Been using this big velcro hamstring compression sleeve to train with as well as my CW-X compression tights.  Might make sense to wrap the thighs prior to racing again.  I bought some of that compression wrap and tape.  It worked at Vandy.  

I really think I'll be 100% in a week.

Oakland HS Track

 

No comments:

Post a Comment