Thursday, May 17, 2012

400s - faster

Ran 400s with some speed today, and with the new Pumas.

I had a successful test drive of the new Puma shoes today.  I wore them for the entire workout and they felt great.  I'll do a review and comparison to the Nike R3 Superflys in my next post.  (Why do these shoes have to have such lonng names? - Puma Bolt FAAS 007 LTD)

I wanted to run fast today so I did even split 400s, the first two were actually negative splits.  Fot the first one, I set a goal of 30/28 and nailed it, maybe even a fraction faster.  I did them all 85-90%.  I took nearly full recovery: 7 - 10 min.
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
Puma spikes on
2 x 50m striders
4 x 400m - 58, 59, 60, 62
2 block starts
Resistance later
Inventory.  Weight is 142.0 after workout.  No sign whatsoever of the hamstring issue.   I can now start running faster and shorter.  I've had a phantom pain on the outside back of my right knee come and go.  One second it hurts, I shake it out, then it's completely normal.  It's not an issue, probably something to do with using some unfamiliar machines in the weight room Tues.

Over all, felt good, but hard.  Looks like these Pumas will be my new shoes.



2 comments:

  1. those are really frickin ugly..jp

    ReplyDelete
  2. knee pain sounds like chondromalacia, and, you have a documented lesion (mri)..all downhill from here :-) jp

    ..but I hope not (as a sufferer)but really that is a classic symptom, referred pain to the back of the knee.

    ReplyDelete