Wednesday, May 2, 2012

400m event runs and blocks

It was a warm evening at sunset, about 80º on the Dean Hayes track.   I decided to do some fast 400s.

I set as a goal 58 sec - 28/30 splits.   I ran them about 90-95% effort with several minutes between.
700m warmup, stretches, drills 
Saucony spikes on 
3 x 400m - 57.5, 59, 59
5 x 50m from blocks
After seeing my 100m race at Penn Relays on video, I realize my start needs work.   That was actually my first 100m race of the season, and to start with a PR, I can't complain much.    My 12.17 was also a Greater Philadelphia Track Club Masters 100m record.

Preparation schedule for SE Masters
I realize I need to start shortening my workout distances and go for more speed, turnover, and work with the blocks.   I think I will do some stairs and plyos in the morning and some 300s, 200s, 100s tomorrow night.   Season is winding down.  I have just Thursday and Friday, junk meet Saturday... and I will be in Las Vegas Sat. night.  I expect to take Sunday off and try to get a good hard workout in at the UNLV track on Monday.  Not sure about Tues.  I'll be home early Wed. so will train that night and Thursday.  Leave for NC late Friday so I'll have time for a light workout that morning.

Penn Relays M50 100m race video:  I'm in lane one, closest to the camera.   The camera misses the first 5 seconds of the race, unfortunately.  The winner - Alan Tissenbaum is the second fastest human over 50, second only to Willie Gault.   He dominated the race.  Craig Davis in red in lane 2 who got the Silver made a move in the last 20m that put him slightly ahead of Lovel Butler.


No comments:

Post a Comment