Friday, June 7, 2024

3x100m

Thursday, exhausting day of house cleaning and travel.  On my feet all day, went to the track in the middle of the day, sunny, upper 70ºs and breezy at the SAS track.  Foot wasn't feeling all that good so wasn't sure whatever  I would do.  First thought about just 1 x 200m hard and some blocks.  I ran a warrmup 100m in trainers then put spikes on.  I decided a 200m in spikes would be too punishing so I ran one, and then then foot felt better, so I ran another all-out.  Rolling.   

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 100m, bands

100m - 13.94

Adidas Prime SP2 spikes on

100m - 13.06

100m - 12.34

Felt good about the last one.  143.7 lbs after workout.  Pretty heavy.

After returning home and working 4 more hours on my feet, I'm feeling pretty tired today, foot sore, knee a bit stiff.  I'm not feeling in the best of shape for a long sprint, but I may race a 200m tomorrow, only because it's later in the day and I don't feel like getting up and out early, and a few more hours of recovery.  Not the best lane, lane 3, which means more turn running.  What yesterday showed is that if I'm fully warmed up, my foot feels better and I run faster.  




No comments:

Post a Comment