Friday, September 22, 2023

300s

Happy to have the facility to myself today in Sewanee.  First time on the track in a while.   Wanted to run some long sprints and wow, am I out of shape.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m, 50m

100m - 14.47

Adidas trainers on

300m - 45.31

Hoka trainers on

300m - 47.79

Yea, that first 300m wasted me.  I should have known it would be tough after a mere 100m in 14 got my heart racing to near 150.   The first 300m pushed my heart rate to 160.   Heart rate was just below 130 several minutes later when I ran the second one. 

The key to doing track workouts is to stay off my feet as much as possible the day of and the day before my workout.   The foot hurts afterward but there has never been any swelling or sign of trauma.

I've gained about 4 lbs of fat.  Was 143ish after the workout.  I want to reduce this week in prep for my blood work and physical... to get that refund.  Good motivator.   I ate very little today but did have a piece of keylime pie at the cafeteria.  Should be pretty light tomorrow.   It's probably like a difference between being 9% bodyfat during competition and 12-13% now.  Still generally fit, but not 400m fit. Even now I think I could still run my age in an all out time trial, maybe even 62. 

Fitness, V02 max, muscle tone..... it goes away fast.  

Fat, it accumulates fast.

Still thinking about trying some more padded shoes as my Hoka Rincons are getting old.  Looking at the Hoka Rocket X2 and the Nike Vaporfly 2 and 3.   There are good deals on the Nike V2 as the V3 is now out.  Both X2 and V3 are super high priced, $250.

UPDATE:  

Went with the Hoka Rocket X2s.   Can return them if I don't like em


2 comments:

  1. $250 sounds reasonable. Actually inexpensive compared to my sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a interesting study of contradictions. One of your claims is interest in longevity but I’m thinking longevity to you is an ideology and not something to act on as no one who is pursuing longevity would stay off their feet multiple days a week so they can run 1000 meters. Let alone absence of zone 2 training and biasing a key test result by treating it as an event.

    ReplyDelete