Friday, May 12, 2023

off day training

Did just a few sprint specific exercises today.  

4x10 Squat Jumps w/ 50 lbs w/ 1:45 rest

3x12 Hip flexor thrusts with bands

3x15 single leg RDLs with 50 lbs

bike ride

Two more sprint specific exercises I need to add are Nordic ham and hip thrusts.  The RDLs are really good for the injured ham.   The best exercise for form is by far the hip flexor band work.   The real reveal was what my planted foot would do when maximum weight was applied during thrusting.  My tendency is to shift weight to the outside of my foot and to bowleg out.  This is a significant form problem I can work on with this exercise.  When I do this exercise, I try to over correct and put the weight on my big toe.  When I do this with my right foot planted, I can feel the bone on bone in my foot, but interestingly, it doesn't hurt. 

Still fighting the weight issue.  Without some really lean and fasted days, I'm never going to get below 140.  I'm still 144-145 on days where I don't run.  If I don't do some significant intense or longer duration moderate exercise everyday, it's really very hard to get the weight down.   

Tomorrow, will be running.  If the ham allows flat running, on the track, if not, on the hill and maybe some sled.  





No comments:

Post a Comment