Tuesday, April 4, 2023

On the bike today. WMACi photos and indoor season wrap

As suspected, I gained a great deal of weight while in Poland after the events concluded.  The last dinner, desserts, plane food, etc....   The more I eat the more I want to eat.  So, with a little time today, I did a bike climb up the mountain to burn some calories.  I weighed close to 147 lbs at bedtime but after a lot of sleep, I was just 143.5 this morning.  I really feel like I've lost a lot of fitness.  

Mid 60ºs and humid late this morning.  Did the bike climb in under 23 min.  

I'm going to just cut n paste my post on FB about the WMACi:

The great thing about this event are my fellow athletes. We're all on the same journey together.  The level of class and sportsmanship among these athletes is what makes this like a family.  Although we fiercely compete, these guys offer advice to help me be a better athlete. I love this attitude and am happy to be a part of it.  When you're helping your competition to run faster, THAT is being a great sportsman.

Photo: 200m Final - worlds fastest men over 60


























My indoor season wrap for 2023: 

Finished the indoor season with the #1 rank in the USA M60 age group in the 200m and 400m, and World Rank of #6 in the 400m and 200m. Only USA competitor to make the finals in M60 in the 200m at the World Masters Indoor Championships, but not happy with my individual event performances. I never seemed to get it just right in the 400m. Getting the 'dreaded lane 1’ in the 200m final, I finished 6th with a strained adductor, but went on to anchor both Team USA 4x200m relays (mens and mixed) to Silver and Gold medals. Next up, outdoor season and Penn Relays at the end of the month. I hope to do all masters events, the 4x400 and 4x100m relays and the 100m.

WMACi photos:

1, 2) M60 4x200m medalists
3) After the mixed 4x200m
4, 5) 200m final - call room
6) with Durran (ATL Braves 'the Freeze')
7) Silver and Gold relay medals
8) USA lady sprinters
9) with Rox in the Nomatech
10) with Ulo, Mike, Pat
11) with Sean after our 200m final














No comments:

Post a Comment