Sunday, January 30, 2022

tempo 300s

 Much warmer today, mid 40ºs and sunny but a moderate SW wind.  Still a little snow on the track on the shady side.  I went to the track with a little apprehension as I knew it was tempo day, a day to suffer and try to one-up myself from the last tempo set.  I did, but not by much.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100

4 x 300m w/3 min rest - 48.29, 49.43, 51.63, 55.23 (avg 51.14)

Obviously started too fast and averaged under 50 for the first 3, but the last one was more a killer than usual and was lucky to not bail out.  So, I got it done.

I really need to up my game in the strength area on my days off from the track.  I need to get back to biking on days off, and adding hills and weight pulls to my speed days, and doing rehab/prehab for my injury which is still not 100% after 6 weeks.  

At least I'm light, 140.6 lbs.  


PRESS

Recently there were some local articles in the DNJ and Sewanee Messenger (PDF - p.9) on my '21 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment