Wednesday, January 12, 2022

600, 400

Hazy sun and 50º at the Sewanee track with a light S wind.  Still had the place to myself, student teams not back yet.  

This was my 3rd day in 5 days on the track and I took it a bit easier today since my butt and back were a bit sore.  Might have been from the bike climb up Roark's Cove yesterday.

Hoka trainers on

600m - 1:47.59 

400m - 64.31 (30.90, 33.41)

Faster than last time.  Gives me hope that I can be sub 60 by early - mid Feb.    Hopefully race ready by early March.  Chipping away at the fitness.   I'm probably about 2 months behind, about where I was in early Nov. regarding fitness.  

After I finished the 400m, I chatted with the AD and Lacrosse coach.  They said they're going to resurface the track this summer, and maybe do it in Sewanee purple.   My friend John S. is the new AD (formally tennis coach) and told me they have no intention of firing the football coach who is now 0-18, which was surprising.  With all that standing around, I got cold and thought it best to not run another.

I'll probably go out again on Fri or Sat at noontime before it rains.  Snow again predicted for Sunday. May train Tues Thurs next week.

141.9 after workout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment