Sunday, November 25, 2018

Just a little running

Very quiet on Thanksgiving weekend at the Sewanee track.  Partly sunny about 50º.    A short warmup run revealed my knee is still an issue.  I felt the familiar pain behind the knee, not too bad to get a little running in.
Hoka trainer on 
250m warmup, stretches, drills 
25 single leg squat jumps each leg 
4 x 100m w/ 1 min rest - avg 14.5
A little faster than last time but still not able to really train with any meaningful volume.   I had 2 days rest since last track workout, maybe I'll give it three before next, maybe do some hills too.   The knee pain is not too bad and it doesn't persist after running.  So maybe there's some improvement. 

Been doing something active everyday and have cleaned up my diet but still hovering around 151 lbs.  Hard to be fit without training full scale.  Yesterday, I just did a simple single set workout of abs, upper body and squats.  The day before I rode my bike several miles, and the day before that I cut and split a half face cord of wood.  Trying to stay off my butt. 


2 comments:

  1. Would not do high impact jump squats, sprints on hard track and stepping down drills. Lower intensity tempo on grass is better if you are going to run

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it doesn't hurt at all to do squat jumps. The knee seems to hurt only at full extension. I thought that any pain free strengthening exercises would be good for rehab. Whether running on turf or track, the issue is the same, just can't put in any meaningful volume. Perhaps I'll try slowing it down to 15-16 sec 100m pace and running further.

      Delete