Friday, November 16, 2018

Improvement

Today I saw the first improvement in a while on the track.  46º and sunny near sunset at the Sewanee track.  I did pretty much the same things but added a second set of single leg squat jumps, and I interspersed my runs between strength exercises.
Hoka trainers on 
2 x 100m warmup, stretches, drills 
100m - 15.65 
2 x 25 x single leg squat jumps 
25 x single leg step up jump 
3 x 100m - 15. 69, 14.90, 14.62
This is not exactly fast, but it's much faster than I've able to run in weeks.  I do feel terribly out of shape.  Just running a brisk 100m tires me and I feel out of breath, which is silly for a 100m.  I am almost able to run with normal stride and I didn't feel any swelling afterward.  100m though, is about the furthest I can run right now without a small amount of pain.

Treatment
My MRI showed some wear on meniscus and articular cartilage, but apparently not requiring surgery.  They recommended a steroid injection followed later by a lubricant injection, probably Euflexxa.  With my knee beginning to improve, and the likely possibility I may sit out the '19 season, I wonder if I should go through with these injections?  I have an appointment Monday.  I think it's important to my health to be able to do track workouts even if I am going to sit out, so I guess I will.  I still haven't definitively ruled out Poland, but I would have to see some pretty immediate improvement.  I'm in a pretty deep hole right now in regards to fitness.  People talk about cross training, but there is nothing like a sprint interval workout on the track.  It's good to be able to sprint. 

I requested the MRI report but they didn't send it.

I'm fat, probably over 150lbs.  Seeking to reduce. 






No comments:

Post a Comment