Tuesday, November 27, 2018

cross training

Decided to take a week off from the track and cross train.  I've been fairly active and getting control of my diet.  Woke up just under 150 lbs for the first time in a while.  Have been trying to do something active everyday.  Still haven't given up on this season, however, I do recognize that before you know it, summer will be here and I'll be looking toward my first M60 2020 season the following year.   I need to protect what I have and put recovery first while not falling too out of shape and continuing to strengthen. 

I've been biking every other day and at the gym.  Sat was my last day on the track and will likely wait until Sunday before trying to run again. 

Last night at the gym:
Concept 2 rower  - 2000m in 9:23 
Stationary bike - sprint interval program - 10 x 15 sec sprints w/ 45 sec rest 
leg extension, leg curl, adductors, abs, pushups, pullups
Today was freezing.  Sunny but upper 20ºs.  I did a 5 mile mountain bike ride with some good hills.  Should be back at the gym by Friday. 


2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and wanted to say hello. My name is Tim Waggoner and I'm a masters 400 guy. 47 years old and this is my second year on the track. Long history of Ironman and ultrarunning. Just wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking in Tim. Check out my workouts from championships seasons '15 and '16, they'd be more useful as a reference to a younger guy like yourself. I'll be taking this next season off and gearing up for a return to tack training in summer / fall '19, and competition in 2020 when I turn 60.

    ReplyDelete