Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Tempo 300s / 200s

Overcast and 40º at the wet Dean Hayes track today.  Since there was almost no wind, that means t-shirt weather.   I did the usual tempo 300s but it felt hard today.  Probably because my first one was too fast.   For these workouts, I feel better if my second rep is fastest.   Did my stretches in the heated mens room.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/2 min rest - 47, 49, 51, 53 
2 x 200m - 27.5, 27.5
I did the 200s from a standing start with a beep command.   I wanted these to be event run 400m pace but they were a bit slow.  Wore 2 pairs of socks today for cushion as my trainers are almost worn out.  I want to look into custom orthotics for my shoes, they always wear very uneven.  However, they are expensive.   $325 for exam/custom orthotic inserts.

Millrose
The reason I started from a standing start is that I may be leading off at the Masters 4x400m relay at the Millrose Games in NYC on Saturday with GPTC, and I found out that they are running the M50 and M60 sections together.   Like a circus sideshow... don't know why I'm doing this, we will not be running in lanes, not using blocks and it will be 'fight-the-crowd crazy waterfall start' like Penn Relays.   I really wish they'd run these 4x400 relays per USATF rules, rather than like a circus.  I guess I need to practice my standing start.   It's really an invitation to go out too fast.   

I'll probably go out and do a 300m event run on Friday before I leave.  Weight is ok - 144 after workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment