Sunday, February 7, 2016

New training venue - negative split 400s

In N. Atlanta at the Marist high school this morning.  Sunny and mid 40's.  Great venue, a 6 lane blue Mondo track, bathroom available.  Only a few walkers, but I had the track alone after a while.

Felt tired today.  Not much sleep.  But I pounded out 3 brisk negative split 400s.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 400m - 62.5 (33.5/29), 63.5 (33/29.5), 64.5 (34/30.5)
Didn't feel all that good today.  Did these to focus on the last 100m which I tried to run in 14 and could only manage it on the first one.  The second one felt the hardest.  Just trying to figure out if I should concentrate on faster turnover the last 100 or longer stride.  My instinct is to increase turnover as much as possible while staying relaxed.

A bad week of weather coming up, will probably have only one more track day before Vanderbilt - this Wednesday and it's supposed to be very cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment