Monday, November 9, 2015

Tempo fail and then some

Bad conditions at Sewanee, but I've seen much worse.  52º and the famous Sewanee 'mizzle' (drizzle+ fog+mist).   At least there was no wind.  Visibility was about 100m.

Still in terrible shape, and getting worse, I attempted a 3x400m w/2 min rest tempo workout and bailed on the 3rd 400m after 200m.   Then I rested and did more.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 400, 200m with 2 min rest - 69, 73, 36
2 x 400m - 63.5, 65.5
I rarely bail on a workout but I just couldn't finish that 3rd 400m.  It would have been in the high 80s, just not ready for the pain after not being on the track for 9 days, since Halloween.  I know I will not be on the track again for 9 days til the 18th due to my concert schedule.  It's going to be hard to get back, especially with the talonavicular issue limiting my quantity.

Haven't done what is necessary to bring my weight down.   Feel soft and slow.  Definitely not like a national champion.  147 lbs after workout, and that's before eating anything all day.  My daily range is about 147.5 - 150.5.

Be in the weight room Tues or Wed.  


1 comment:

  1. "These are the times that try men's souls" (muscles, connective tissue and discipline as well)
    ....but, when the going gets tough, the tough get going and I don't know or respect anyone more than you!!!

    ReplyDelete