Thursday, September 18, 2014

resistance and night sprints

Wednesday night did a glute busting workout with 5 x 15 single leg squat jumps with 50 lbs... along with pullups, abs, hip flexors.

Thursday night sprints have become a tradition and I was happy to be joined by 2 of my students tonight, Brad and Jacob.   Jacob was once a 51 sec. 400m guy, but now just lets me chase him by running the last 200m of a longer sprint I'm doing as well as some short stuff.

Long and short sprints tonight.   Great weather at the Dean Hayes track... 68ยบ and clear, no wind.
Saucony Ride trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 600m - 1:42, 1:45 
5 x 60m sprints
The second 600m felt easier than the first for some odd reason.

On the 60s, I did each one a bit faster, the last one accelerating to 100% I was able to smoke Brad but Jacob sat out the last one.   Hope they come out again next week.   Jacob is fast and could probably beat me in a 200m if he were fresh.  


Night sprinters

No comments:

Post a Comment