Friday, September 12, 2014

Back on track

After Sunday's meet, I had a sore groin and was pretty discouraged.    I barely did anything for 3 days afterward, but last night... had a solid workout on the track.   Thinking I may go back this evening to do something light and blocks.
Saucony Ride trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
800m - 2:31 (72/79) 
4 x 300m - 44, 48, 46, 45
The last two 300s felt better than the first 2, like a second wind.  A good 2000m workout.

I think the Sunday meet showed me that in regard to being able to run fast, there is no substitute to getting on the track and running fast, and running with good form  Lifting, and long foundation runs alone won't do it.  Running a 200m race in a slower time than my usual 1st 200m split in a 400m race, is a pretty dismal outing.

After Sunday's meet, I assumed I wouldn't race til the end of the month so I ate poorly for 2 days, gained some weight back.  I was over 146 lbs. this morning.

But, I've decided to go to Crossville to run in another silly hand timed Senior District meet tomorrow... nothing else to do this weekend.  I'm not going to worry about my weight so much, and I want to remove the 'jinx' from the new speed suit.  I did cut the sleeves off  and... hopefully removed all the bad karma from last Sunday's meet.

Depending on the order of events, I think I may gingerly run the 100m for a warmup, then run the 400m.  Of course, they don't have a schedule of events.  Last time I ran at this meet, it took forever because they stopped the track events when the field events were being held.   Unfortunately, it's not at TN Tech, it's at Crossville HS's black track.   Don't care much for black tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment