Thursday, October 17, 2013

Starting again

A cool wet morning on the Dean Hayes track, 60º and drizzle, water on the track.  It's been 10 days since I've been on the track and have gained weight.  145.8 before workout.

The past 5 days, I hiked 35+ miles in the GSMNP, some hikes were pretty tough, like Monday's 16 mile hike to High Rocks, a climb of 3500'.  These hikes were pretty tough on my ankle and I did feel a bit of muscular soreness in the upper glutes.  However, no substitute for the track and I have definitely lost fitness.
Saucony Virratas on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 500m w/ 3 min rest - 90, 93, 95
Not real hard work but a good first day back.  Need to do some strength work.  Have some physical labor and projects planned for the weekend so the weights will have to wait.

First indoor meet 7 weeks away.

I'll be back out on Sat in Sewanee.

No comments:

Post a Comment