Thursday, July 25, 2013

My 'mini season'

Trying to decide what races to run.

There is a South Central district meet at Lawrence Co. HS on Aug 21, but looking at the track on Google Earth, it looks horrible... a pitiful, cracked 4 lane blacktop track.  I think I'll pass on that one and start my season at the Chattanooga Track Club all comers meet on Aug 22 - a real nice track.   I'll probably just run the 400m.  A hand timed meet, exactly 4 weeks away.  If things go as I hope, I should be able to run sub 59 by then.
Aug 22 - CTC all comers meet, 400m
Sept. 14 - Chattanooga, TN District meet (400m and 200m)
Sept. 28 - Greater Nashville, TN District meet (400m, 200m, 100m)
I'd like to find more places to run.  Another option is in KY on Sept. 8.    If I was really hell bent on getting some competition, the World Huntsman Games are Oct 7-9 in St. George, UT (a hour from Vegas), but that would be expensive.   Dubious on that one.

I really want to put spikes on tomorrow on that new MTSU track.  I'm definitely spooked about wearing the Saucony Showdown practice spikes since I broke my foot wearing those.   Maybe I'll use the Nike R3s.   Nevertheless, it will be a bitch tomorrow... Coach Page thinks I should increase to 5 x 800m.  I'll have to get up early to evade the authorities... the track is still officially closed.

My ankle seems a bit better.  As I strengthen my calves, it will also strengthen the ankle.




No comments:

Post a Comment