Sunday, July 21, 2013

Growing pains

Training without spikes, outta shape, and an ankle issue makes it harder to stay on my toes in these 800m intervals.   They were really hard on Sat morning at St. Andrews School in Sewanee.

Out around 6 am, it was a nice 72º.   I could only manage to run on my toes for a little more than half the first 800m, and only a little on the rest.








Saucony Virrata training shoes on 
400m warmup, dynamic stretches, drills 
3 x 800m  - 2:56, 3:02, 3:04 
200m - 30
The ankle was an issue, hurting in the last 200m.  I'll ask Dr. Willers about it on Fri.  This combined with a good sweaty hike later in the day and a swim at the lake, made it a good calorie burning day.  I'm slowly losing some weight.  I think I'm in the 145 - 6 range.  I'm probably going to do resistance and stairs on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment