Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Light at the end of the tunnel

I can run... but I'm going to give it a few more weeks.  I should be able to hit the track and stairs by late July and do regular training by Aug.  I'm going to schedule a final xray appointment in about 3 weeks.  I expect to be cleared to run by then.  I did some sprinter school exercises and ran a few steps on my toes.  Feels normal. 

Today, I did a complete resistance workout.  Upper and lower.  Squats, squat jumps, resistance bands, upper body, swimming, etc...  I'm in terrible shape.  I doubt I could break 60 in the 400m right now, even if my life depended on it.

Return to competition!
The TN Senior Olympics is adopting a new schedule.  There will be a series of district meets in Sept.  ... so,  I could conceivably race as early as 9 weeks from now. 

My new training shoe: the Saucony Virrata.  Extremely light, super flexible and well padded.  Just 6 oz. Thanks Dad!  Believe it or not, this is about the 'least weird' color scheme they offered.



No comments:

Post a Comment