Tuesday, April 24, 2012

400m event run, blocks

I cut this workout short because of feeling a slight groin strain after a blocks start.   It's certainly not bad at all, but it pisses me off because I know I'll have to baby it the rest of the week.  I probably won't even feel it after a few hours.

I ran a good strong 400m, then I got in the blocks.  Ran about 60m before I felt a slight strain, the same old left adductor.   I was planning on running progressively faster 100s today, blocks, then stairs.   So, I went to the stairs to see if I'd feel it on the stairs.  I did, slightly, so I quit after one.

The best medicine for this is rest then resistance bands, stretch, hot tub, roller massage, which I was planning to do tonight, if painless.

I wanted to spend the day recovering from the last 2 hard days but my schedule would not permit an evening workout.  Today is the penultimate day of school for the academic year and it'll be longer than normal (2 - 7:30pm).  So, I hit the track this morning.   My ankles were sore and I ran most of my warmup on grass.

1000m warmup, stretches, drills
saucony spikes on 
80m strider 
400m event run - 57 sec (27.5, 29.5) 
60m out of blocks

The 400m felt good.  I felt I had some left and the first 200m was easy.  Not even close to rigging.

I must be burning some calories since I'm lighter than I've been all season: 137.8 after workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment