Friday, June 3, 2022

Shake out

Went to the track today, didn't do much.  Beautiful weather, dry 72º.   Just stretched, bands, roller, drills, 2 x 100m warmup.  Then I ran a few 50s and a relaxed rolling 100m in 13.6.   

I probably shouldn't have run at all today, foot is a bit sore since I tripped going out the door - which didn't help, because I'm hoping to have a heavy early week of training next few days.  Sunday - overdistance 600s, Monday - 800m, Tues - intensive tempo,  Thurs - speed.  

Tomorrow's twilight meet will be just me and David H. in the masters 400m.  He's 10 yrs younger, National Champion, and has been running 55 low already this season so he'll be a good person to race.  I'll probably be behind him going into the last turn.  Hoping he shows up so I don't run alone.  

Lightest since last year.  136.8 lbs after shake out.  It's not like I haven't been eating.  Today:  2 egg and cheese sandwich, and cappuccino this morning.  Juice blend for lunch.  Watermelon, 2/3 lb grilled chicken, tin of herring, and a pint of protein ice cream with chocolate chips and almonds for dinner.   




No comments:

Post a Comment