Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Back on track for a short tempo set

First time on the track in a week.  I have been doing somewhat rigorous cross training, 2 major bike climbs on Sat and Sunday, and swimming on Monday. 

My first tiny tempo workout.... just a touch of pain, not the bad injury type of pain, but the good hard work pain... just a little.

I wanted to run a 400m today at 90% but I opted for 2 x 200m w/ 1 min rest, then a hard 100m.  It went well.  I'm getting there. 

Mid 70's and humid, wet track.  I saved my prized Clifton 1s for the actual intervals and warmed up in my Clifton 3s.
Hoka Clifton 3s on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
50m acceleration
Hoka Clifton 1s on 
2 x 200m w/ 1 min rest - 29.5, 29.5 
110m - 14.53
I was happy to get both 200s under 30 and there is no way I could have done 4x200m w/ 1m like I do when in 'running shape'.  I think maybe the next step would be 3 x 200m w/ 1m avg 31. 

Before I had full recovery, I launched into a 90% effort 100m... looked at my watch and was severely disappointed when I saw 14.53, but it was actually 110m... as I started from the hurdle start.  It was probably like a 13.3 100m. not bad for trainers and a wet track.

The extra time off from running made a difference.  The only thing is that it makes me want to come back sooner and do it again.  Probably need to wait til at least this weekend to run again.  I really think I could put the spikes on and run a 62 400m right now.   I won't rule out running in the October Chattanooga district meet.  That's a full 10 weeks away. 

Did a gym workout after the track focusing on hams, glutes, lats, and chest. 

Weight is ok, in the 144s after workout and I'm trying again to reduce.  The lighter I am, the less stress on my feet and knees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment