Saturday, February 23, 2019

transitioning to weight

'Almost' off crutches and transitioning to a meniscus off loading brace.  I can limp around with the bace on, no crutches for short distances around my house.   I have 95% of range of flexion and I think I may be able to walk to work next week.   It's improving rapidly.  Next weekend I will be starting a few new PT exercises including calf raises, no resistance stationary bike, and hamstring bridge exercises.  I really want to push ahead to more advanced exercises but I won't do that without Dr's permission.  I see Dr. LaPrade in just over 2 weeks for my first post op. 

Looking forward to doing more cardio as I'm in bad shape.  Unfortunately, real good exercises like resistance biking, aqua running, and hill walking are not on the schedule until April; elliptical and swimming early May; stairmaster and rowing not until late May/ early June, and beginning running end of June... which seems like a long time.    It gives me a year to train for 2020 Nationals. 

Having run out of food and not able to easily shop, I've been on take-out food and my diet has been bad lately, up to nearly 152 lbs.  Not too far gone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment