Sunday, September 24, 2017

Rusty return

I felt that 6 weeks was enough so I hit the track today at Marist.   On a school recruiting trip to Atlanta to attend an arts job fair.

I was really surprised at how painful my warmup laps felt.  Carrying an extra 5 or 6 lbs than normal, everything hurt.  But after a full warmup it felt better... but, I'm in terrible shape.  I was going to run an 800m but I bailed.   It would have been a struggle, so I ran a 400 at 800m pace and did some up tempo stuff.
Hoka trainers on 
800m warmup, stretches, drills 
400m - 76 
300m - 44 
200m - 27.5
Actually surprised I ran the 300 and 200 as fast as I did.  My body is beginning to remember how to sprint.  It's going to take time.  I'd be hard pressed to run 60 sec 400m right now.   But, gotta start somewhere.  I just feel heavy and I should be back to normal in a few weeks.  Not looking forward to the foundation stuff i know I need to do.

I signed up to race in a senior games district meet 4 weeks from today.

1 comment:

  1. you don't take one or two fitness elements and improve them in time off from track? that is what I learned when I used to study such stuff - time off from main activity for injury recovery, mental recovery, and to work on fitness elements that are neglected from specializing and honing ones craft..

    ReplyDelete