Did a hard climb today, needed the exercise. Maybe too hard. This one was much harder than last one in terms of effort and HR. I stayed off of the lowest gear as much as possible. It was about a minute faster than last time but way more stress on the body and CV system.
Roark's Cove bike climb
Total time - 23:09
Avg speed - 6.2 mph
Max HR - 184
HR over 180 - 3:19
Avg HR - 165
It was a tough day as Wed night I only slept 3 hrs due to a new fingering I was working into the Rameau piece, and worked all day Thurs, and got 6 hrs sleep Thur night, got up before 7 to start practicing for a performance for a 9 am Music class in Sewanee. The performance was substandard and sorry I agreed to do it so early. I got back and fell asleep immediately for 2 hrs, got up and did the climb. After rest I started practicing with the help of some coffee. Instead of eating a proper meal, I ate poorly, quick snacks - like fruit, nuts, and chocolate, just didn't want to spend the time preparing the meal. I eventually did - arugula salad with chicken breast.
I wonder if doing these high HR climbs is damaging or beneficial. Last climb was a minute slower but HR was really much lower: today's HR over 170 was 14:49 vs 3:34 last time. Over 180 was 3:19 compared to max of 177 last time. Avg HR was 165 vs 154. Avg speed 6.2 vs 5.9 mph.
Concert Mon, but it's just a short program (40 m) at noon. Will go to hotel in Franklin TN Sunday night. Then to Florida next weekend. This Monday or Tues after my concert I will hopefully do some exercise, might be my last opportunity. When I get back from FL, one to the big concerts.
Weight still ok, mid 143s after workout.
No comments:
Post a Comment