Tuesday, October 10, 2023

200s, bike

Another beautiful fall day in Sewanee, mid 70ºs and occasional SW wind.  Did a bike climb from the river on Sunday, and this workout of uptempo sprints today on the track.  

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, bands, 100m

Hoka Rocket X2 trainers on

100m - 13.68

200m - 27.65  (13.47, 14.18)

Adidas Takumi Sen 8 trainers on

200m - 28.29 (13.59. 14.70)

Hoka Rocket X2 trainers on

200m - 27.74  (13.54, 14.20)

These sprints were intended to be near or slightly faster than 400m race pace... rolling, not all out.  I was amazed at how tiring they were.  I took 10 min between the first 2 200s, and after the second one, it took 15 min for my heart rate to dip below 130.  Probably a measure of how out of shape I am.   The Hoka Rockets still impress.  I was surprised I ran slower in the Adidas.  


This was the most I've done on my feet in a while. After getting the boat ready all Sunday morning,  I did the bike climb up Raccoon Mtn in the afternoon in around PR time of 35 min.  It was largely due to my carbon bike, 15 lbs lighter than my steel bike, not due to my fitness.  This was my first time on the big hill with the Cervelo bike.  


My foot was definitely feeling it after 2 x 200.  The Hokas got me through #3.  I've now demoted my Hoka Rincons to warmup and casual shoes.  They're still great shoes but no match for the Rocket 2s.   

Finally, got the boat out for the first time in a year.  Discovered some issues that I'll have to address before I go out again, especially to Fontana, if we go.  

Been eating too much, still 141.8 lbs after workout.  












 

1 comment: