Tuesday, November 17, 2020

tempo 150s on turf

 Back to the turf on a cool breezy but clear day, sunny and 50º at the Sewanee track.  Felt cold.  Did a light maintenance workout.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m strides

4 x 150m on turf w/ 30 sec rest ~ 25

150m on turf - 20.91

I did these rather slowly like striders, but still a nominal workout.  After the 6 x 200 on the track on Friday, and a bike up Roarks Cove Rd Sat, I felt a little irritation in my right knee (not the knee I had surgery on).  So, I need to stay on the turf and watch the volume.  No telling whether the Jan indoor meets in AL will go, but I'm not optimistic.  It's sort of taken the zeal and immediacy off my training.  Usually by Thanksgiving, I'd be crankin' for the indoor season, but the pandemic rages.  

TN had it's most covid infections ever on Mon. almost 8000, 72 deaths today, and the rate of infections is skyrocketing...  the curve on the graph is straight up.  Best to maintain, isolate, and hunker down.  This is going to be a bad winter.  I read that if you get covid, it can damage your heart even if you show no symptoms.  

Weight is under control, 144.2 after workout.

Stay safe, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment