Tuesday, October 8, 2019

one sprint

I tried running today with 2 days rest and paid for it.  The plantar fasciitis is still an issue.  It feels ok, just a little sore before workout then after one moderately hard 300m, it was very sore, causing me to limp for the rest of the day.  I seems to heal quickly, and in a few days feels fine.  I may try a short workout again on Friday.  Unfortunately, can do really only one or 2 long sprints and that's it at this point.   I did notice, that the plantar is strained more by sprinting fast and sprinting on the curve.

The weather has changed radically.  After a few October days of 95º and swimming, it back to the usual fall weather.  On Monday, Sewanee was completely socked in with fog and occasional rain all day, and about 60º.   Visibility about 50m.  A 30º difference from just 2 days ago.  This is the weather I'm used to training in.   As I was driving from the track... in my SUV, with the deep dense fog, colorful leaves on the road, out of tune bluegrass music on the radio ... it felt like it is supposed to ... this time of year in the Tennessee mountains.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warm up, stretches, drills 
300m - 44.5

And that was it.  I felt there was more in the tank afterward, it wasn't race pace, so I think I could run around 62-63ish right now in training shoes.

I almost didn't go to the gym afterward because of my sore foot, but I did.  Did hip flexor machine, single leg squats with 70 and 80 lbs., calves, and adductors.

I still want to run a 400m in the hand timed meet on Sunday the 20th, but... due to this plantar issue and the fact I likely won't be wearing racing spikes, I doubt I'll be anywhere near breaking 60, if i can run at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment