Friday, February 10, 2017

speed and over distance

Nice weather in Sewanee, 54º and mostly sunny, felt warmer with a south wind.  Race tomorrow so not a full scale workout.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
Puma spikes on  
200m from blocks - 25.8  
500m - 75 (59.5/15.5)
I probably wouldn't do this much before a race that I cared about, but just a little 'taste of pain' the day before a race, as Coach Page once recommended during my 5k days.   The 200m was probably a bit ambitious for a 400m race, but just slightly.   I was shooting for a 74 in the 500m, but didn't quite make it.  

Samford Open at the Crossplex
Huge mostly DI meet... 17 heats of the 400m and I'm in heat 17.  I'm not expecting much, since I have lane 2 which is a killer on this track,  except to at least improve on last week and run in the 56s.  There are no really slow people in my heat, slowest is 54.1,  and for whatever reason, a guy who ran 48 outdoors is in lane 1, probably a late entry.  the other 4 in my full heat of 6 are 50-53 guys.   So maybe they'll be far enough ahead so I won't have to run in traffic.    

I feel as if I'm rushing my training to completion today a week before Nationals.   I intend to train Sun - Tues, and maybe Wed.   Weight is excellent.  141.1 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment