Friday, December 12, 2014

300s, 100s

Was quite sore in the glutes today from yesterday's resistance workout at MTSU.  4 x 15 squat jumps with 80lbs, 4 x 25 seated calf raises with 300lbs, and 3 x 12 single leg squat jumps with 60lbs, along with set on the leg extension and glute machine.

The Dean Hayes track was nice this afternoon, sunny, low 50ºs light wind, I was happy to run some sprints today with Vincent from Uganda, here on track scholarship from Uganda.
Saucony Ride trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 300m - 45.5, 43.5, 44 
3 x 100m -  ~ 12.5-13
Didn't expect to run this fast today, but having someone to push me helped.  Really trying to 'police' my form and stay conscious of it.   Need to work on turns.   Getting lighter.  145.2 after workout.  Feel pretty good.

When Vincent and I lined up to run our first 100m, I wanted to be sure we started together, he looked at me with deference, like 'you just go ahead...'.    When I bolted out to 5m lead and he realized he was going to have to run, I think he was surprised.  We crossed the line together in about 12.5, of course this was just a strider for him, probably faster than he wanted to run.




No comments:

Post a Comment