Friday, June 14, 2013

Xrays - progress!

Finally - some good news.

Dr. Willers says that this will heal.  He wouldn't even consider surgery at this point based on this healing.  He even said I'm free to start doing cardio again and in a month, some jogging ... and it may even help the healing.  He said my chances have increased to 90% that this will heal without surgery.  He said the outside notches will probably fill in eventually, and even if they don't, it should heal solid.

I will see Dr. Willers again in mid-Aug and he may then give me the OK for full scale training by September.   It'll take a long time to get back and he also warned that my ankle is susceptible to arthritis.  It feels fine now.  The foot does get a little sore when I am on my feet all day but, by summer's end, I should be back on the stadium stairs and running on the track.  Maybe this break was good for me?

I've really been taking it easy.  No cardio for weeks.  I'm in terrible shape, over 150 lbs.   My blood pressure is up (134/90) and I've had some lapses in my diet.  Today, for example, I ate 2 donuts.  Last night, fried potatoes from a convenience store.  Ugh!

It's time to get back on the stairmaster, rower, and bike ... starting TODAY.

7 week comparison: newest June 14 - top / April 23 - below
JUNE 14
APRIL 23




JUNE 14

APRIL 23

No comments:

Post a Comment