Friday, January 4, 2013

Aqua training day 2

Same workout as yesterday pretty much, except for some sprints at the end.   I'm still playing with the form, I've found a bigger slower stride is a better pump so I may not adhere to a strict cadence in the future, or just a slower bigger one.
50m jog warmup 
2 x 5 x 2:00min at 120 step/min pace 
4 x 15sec sprints at 140/min pace
1 min rest between  
weights and abs
Foot feels a little better.  I'm thinking I might be running on an eliptical in a week, grass by the end of the month.  I can curl and extend my toes with no pain.  I have been walking on it considerably but gingerly.  Black and blue is almost gone.  Sleep is the best healer.  Taking Calcium and D-3, magnesium.

Weight is good.  142.5 after workout.

Sewanee had a lot of these Aqua-jogger belts.  Must be a standard form of training.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like your attitude is good, Bill, and your future is bright. Check out Nick Berra's blog, as he runs in the water as well.

    I will be interested in the level you can reach about 14 months from now (national indoor masters in 2014 in Boston). In the early 1990s I sustained an avulsion fracture of the ankle, thanks to my stupidity.

    I had been running on the road on a cold, snowy day and decided to go back to the path by the side of the road. I had forgotten about the little "artistic" curb that stood in the way. Down I went.

    After that day I never ran a distance (in a meet or road race) under 3,000 meters, as the fracture just killed my sprinting. Even today I have a vertical lift of 0.0 inches from that side, good enough for road running but not the track.

    You, in contrast, look like you will be back sprinting before long. What a contrast, but perhaps you are getting better treatment than I did. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick just sent me a lengthy email about pool work. He has the access to an underwater treadmill.

    I don't think this injury is as serious as the one you had, I expect I could be ready to race in 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add that "Anonymous" at 3:24 PM came from your announcer, Peter T. Good luck to you, Bill. Pretend you're leading the 400 with 80 meters to go.

      PT

      Delete