Friday, March 23, 2012

Pre race day - light workout


At the track this evening. Always feel a little sluggish til I put the spikes on.

Beautiful evening, low 70sº.

Had the track to myself until some annoying frat boys showed up. They seemed cocky. Kinda joking about my warmup routine. If I didn't have a meet tomorrow, I would've insulted them ... and then bet 'em each $20 they couldn't beat an old guy - age 51 - in a race 'just once around the track.' Next time. Hey, I could rake in some serious money off these fools.

So, I did my usual warmup and knowing I have lane 6 tomorrow in the 400, I ran a negative split 400 in lane 6, starting easy and running each 100m a little faster: 100 splits of 17, 16, 15, 14. I almost nailed it.

400m warmup, stretches, drills

Saucony spikes on

400m - 62.5 (17,16,15, 14.5)

starts on the turn

200m strider

2 x 100m strider

Spira training shoes on

400m cool down jog on grass

I videoed my start a few times. I think this will be a useful tool. The blurry pic below is from the video, the 4th step from the blocks.

My students have serious spring fever and half of them cancelled this week. I only worked 6 hrs this week. Nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment