Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday evening 4/25 - on the track

After a good experience at the Vandy Invite, I've pretty much convinced myself to run the 400m and 200m at the Memphis Invitational this coming weekend 4/30. This is something I hadn't planned on ... but ... I'll be on VACATION!!!! Just 3 more days of school.

After a great Easter meal with Iska and her parents - salmon and broccoli , with chocolate mousse cake with whipped cream and strawberries for dessert, I'm happy to still weigh 137.4 lbs after today's workout.

I didn't take the day off Sunday, did core and upper body.

So.... back to the track this evening!

800m warmup and sprinter school drills

spikes on

long sprints at 85% effort:

2 x 300m - 43, 46
3 min rest in between

5 x 200m - 29, 30, 29, 28, 30
3-4 min rest in between

The 3rd and 4th 200 felt easier than the first.

Thanks to Mark Carver, I got an invitation from the Greater Philadelphia Track Club to participate in some masters relay teams at the Masters Nationals in July.

We'll see. Because of the schedule, I will have to choose between running the 100m and the 400m at the Masters Nationals. I much prefer the 100m and I haven't been timed but once in that event. I am 5lbs lighter and stronger now, so we'll see what I can do. Next opportunity for an FAT 100m time will be May 21 in Huntsville, AL. I'm going to stick with the long sprints for this weekend and next week begin a transition to more power work.

Tomorrow, resistance. Good thing, looks like a stormy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment